Saturday 29 January 2011

Do Not Litter...

Well, I've been out and about this morning (well, had a wander round the block), and took some pics of these sunflowers. Up until a couple of weeks ago this was a piece of land with nothing on it, just a few rocks and a lot of litter. And a sad, wonky little sign in the middle saying 'Do Not Litter'.

Then I went away for a week. When I got back and took the dog for a walk past that old piece of land, it was chockablock FULL of sunflowers!

Someone has taken it upon themselves to plant sunflower seeds there - someone obviously thought, as I myself did, 'what a sad, wasted, ugly bit of land', but then, unlike me, they actually did something about it.
And look how pretty it is now! Some of them are taller than me, and I love seeing people wandering by and going 'Wow! Look at that!' - it's totally unexpected.

Anyway, I got snapping in the hope that these pretty lil things might cheer you up like they cheered me up!

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos baby! You'l be an amazing photographer. Neto

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do ... to plant seeds in barren wasteland. A great metaphor if ever I heard one!

    ReplyDelete